Step 4 - Website Development
A personal or business website is designed to promote an Individual or Businesses, who want a stronger online presence amongst their network and peers, to demonstrate thought leadership and to promote their products and services.
4.1 - Initial Brief
- You fill out our online website brief form, return to Social Star. We will discuss your brief on a call if required.
- Social Star will advise you on selecting and purchasing the URL and domain for the website (with GoDaddy) (if not available already)
- Social Star will require and collect related assets (logos, images, content etc.) (Via Dropbox or email) from you.
- View Social Star's Website Portfolio here.
4.2 - Wireframe
- Based on your initial brief, Social Star will select and design the most appropriate website to suit your needs.
- Squarespace is our recommended platform for your website.
- We use a layout & structure that is clear & simple to understand & easy for your visitors to navigate
4.3 - Design The First Draft
- After we have got all the information & assets required, Social Star will provide you with a Squarespace URL link with the first draft and initial design concept for your review & feedback.
- Or where information is missing, Social Star will provide an initial design concept based on the brief provided by the client including website template and structure using placeholder, text, images or descriptions of required graphic elements. Once concept is approved, all texts, images and graphic elements must conform to the dimensions and specifications of the concept structure.
- We will collect your feedback and make unlimited design revisions until approved, as long as the revisions are inline with the original brief.
4.4 - Website Build
- Social Star will input content, copy, images, social media links and SEO into the website, including site descriptions, meta titles and keywords provided by you for images to help you be found in Google.
- We use Squarespace best practices so you will be able to use and update the site in the future easily.
- We will connect the website to your existing email marketing platform, like Mailchimp, Hubspot etc.
- We will connect your site with your social media, provided that you provide us with your login details.
- Once everything is approved, we will connect the site to your live domain.
- We then give you access and transfer ownership to your new live website.
Out of scope:
- Logo, icons, diagram design
- Photography (except for standard stock images sourced by Social Star)
- Website Hosting - You will need to pay Squarespace for Hosting fee, starting at USD$144/year.
Standard Website Structure
- Services/Products (Business Website)
- Team (with up to 5 simple individual team member profile pages – picture and bio) (Business Website)
- Contact (inlc. Webform/contact details/map)
Step 5 - Leverage Session
- 90' Leverage session to coach you on how to leverage your new brand assets
- Training on LinkedIn, how to make online connections, create content to attract leads, how to ask for recommendations & referrals.
- Website handover and training
- Training on how to use, update and maintain the new website. View Squarespace FAQs.
- Once we have handed over the site to you, we give you 28 days free support.
- If you need us in the future to make any more revisions to the design or coding, we will be there to help with paid support.